Monday, June 25, 2007

Growing old...

Sometimes, I think that if I was a simple person, if I didn't yearn to do better in life. If I was content with being normal. I would still be so idealistic, so full of life, so naive and happy and all would be great.

Lately, I think I have been frowning more, getting bitter, growing sterner, learning how to 'fend for myself'.
That's not a good thing.

The up-coming week, work has been lined up to be the following:
Meeting with agencies.
Following up on advertising.
Briefing my agencies on the upcoming Fall/Winter plans.
Store set-up.
Preparing for a factory outlet sale.
New store opening.
Private event.

On top of all that, a long list of caterers to confirm, artworks to confirm, suppliers to handle, analysis reports to write, chasing for quotations, finding time to breathe in between.

So in the midst of all that, I find time to go to the beach to tan, only to fall asleep and when I awake, see things like an old old man, in purple swimming trunks, which mind you, were thinning! Sagging, as he came out of the water! And he had four thai/indon/filipino women with him. It was disgusting.

So yes, as I look forward to the responsibilities in life and the great challenges ahead, and the many things that I could possibly do. I also realise I smile less, I frown more, I am generally not as happy, or carefree as I used to be.

And as I type this post, I feel the wrinkles coming in between my eyes as I automatically furrow my brow at almost anything now.

Sigh, how I wish I was young again.

Someone said today, "You've got a sweet personality, do keep that. When you lose that you realise you're old."
That wasn't said to me. But it's just so sad hearing something like that.

Not that it applies to me anyway, as the sweet personality was never around to begin with.
Hehehe.

At least I think I still have some sense of humour.

Give me the power to be Zen.
Love spam!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home