Sunday, September 25, 2005

Is this appropriate?

I can't put any photographs in.
Even though I have many to, I am simply not in the mood to be jovial or to provide any entertainment to anyone.
I realise I think a lot.
I get nostalgic, melancholic, reflective, and simply pensive.
And I still like the old fashion way of pen-and-paper.
There's this certain fulfilment you get from 'roughing' it out, as opposed to typing.
And there's a fluidity from writing it all down. Rough and furious. and joining all your alphabets in your signature scribble. That you can never get from typing it all in.
I seem to be tied down by technology but I also seem to not be able to let go of the past.
I seem to be happy all the time but I also seem to ponder too much till the state of borderline depressive.
What oxymorons these are.
And there are days when I sit on the MRT and secretly smile to myself because I saw something I like.
And today I was very upset on the way home because there were screaming kids and a woman who ran in front of me to take my seat away.
But just as I was on the final bus home, I saw four guys walking and dancing on the street, dressed up in funky punk gear. Top hats, straight-leg checkered pants, old-school converse, chains. Very 80s. And I smiled.
I realise that as I grow older, I find less need in doing things to validate myself.
I find joy in sitting at a kopitiam and looking at the old ladies and men. What they talk about. How they talk. What they think. It's all very eye-opening.
I'm not quite sure when I acquired this passive side of me.
People used to asked how I could be so enthusiastic all the time. Now, I ask myself that too.
I am happy being calm.

Love,
Hammy Pammy Big Butt Bob

On a note of giving you some entertainment.
I'll probably grow old and become 70 year-old woman who pondered so much day in and day out that I start talking to myself. And your grandchildren will see me on the MRT and ask 'Why is that old lady talking to herself?'

8 Comments:

Blogger + hil + said...

hi..i'm one of e contestants of miss spore world which u haf been insulting in ur past 2 entries..well..for one..yes i admit many of us are quite breastless..at least we keep it real..secondly..we weren't given any choice in our fugly bikinis n also..not given e opportunity to speak up much..i guess i can understand if ppl flame us..i would haf done e same =p But i sincerely hope there wun b judgements b4 gettin to know us..

September 29, 2005 11:02 PM

 
Blogger + hil + said...

btw...r u fr sc?

September 29, 2005 11:02 PM

 
Blogger + hil + said...

"Hey Girlfriend! hehhehe
Anyway, of all the websites that you have found, this must be the worst! or rather the best! because we got such a fantastic laugh out of it! OMG!!!!
but you guys must MUST click on the link! because it's so worth looking at and hilarious!
seriously, if that's what representing us for Miss Singapore World 2005, I'd rather there be no representative at all!!!!

I'm gonna be damn nasty and just spell out the names!"

cant help reading e post again..sigh

September 30, 2005 12:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh pls... i hope u remain sitting on the mrt all ur life!!! come on, GET A LIFE!!! dun u knw tat u got a ultra FOUL MOUTH?!?!?! if u dun, tats so sad!!!

September 30, 2005 6:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Hil. we know who you are. from sc too. hahha. sorry about that babe. sorry that you had to get into the line of fire.

well we weren't targetting any of your personalities of anything like that lar. it's not judegements before knowing you ple lar. just that i'm sorry. the pics really did look bad. heheh. even if it was my best friend i would have told her that. but it's not like she looks bad in the pic so she's a bad person. nothing of that sort. hahahah

it's just the way we are and we were just talking and having some fun. sorry to hear about the fugly bikinis.

but i'm sure you had fun and it was an experience.

i guess when you join such a contest there's bound to be public scrutiny so don't get too upset over everything lar. cause our blog may be the one you stumbled upon but i'm sure there are more out there and if you get upset over all of it. it's gonna be very tiring. if you think it's what you like to do and you're good at it then go ahead and keep doing it.

September 30, 2005 10:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hhahah hello princess. you're hilarious. i'm quite sure you're not the princess that i always know.
hmm. an ultra foul mouth? are we referring to the ms world post? i can't imagine what else it would be.
but i never admit to being squeeky clean. hahhahahah

September 30, 2005 10:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually a few of e girls are not bad larr... and i was looking through your pictures.. e first girl in grey is not bad...but the second girl..the one who took a photo with her mom..I hope u are not e one criticising...u look like nothing but a plain jane...

September 30, 2005 10:22 AM

 
Blogger tcn afen said...

aiyah welcome to the real world lah. Trust me, worse things are said and if you're in the beauty industry you have to learn how to take it.
at least they're brutally honest.better than some contestants who are probably smiling in your face and insulting you behind your back right?

September 30, 2005 11:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home